You can return an unwanted product to us at no charge, provided:
• It is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
• It is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable);
• It is not missing any accessories or parts;
• You log a return within 30 days of delivery to you or collection by you of the unwanted product. After 30 days, you can only return a product if it is defective;
Where you have changed your mind and would like a credit for a product, you can return it – provided the product is not:
• A product which has been personalized for you or made to your specifications; or
• We will collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
Wrong product delivered?
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you, or if the product is not as described on the Website, please notify us and we will collect the product from you at no charge. If the product is missing any accessories or parts, you will need to follow the process set out in section 2 below. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
Damaged on delivery
Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery / collection, please notify us within 7 days of such delivery / collection by logging a return on the Website.
We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair is possible/ we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference).
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality, and in good working order and without defects.
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section 3:
• Faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
• Damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
• Damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
• Damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
• Damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product;
• Where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you; and
• In relation to used products, signs of handling and/or repackaging.
If you have received a product which turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality, please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect or poor quality, but in any event within 6 months after delivery / collection of the product.
You can do so by logging a return on the Website, and we will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product (if such repair is possible / we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference). If the repair / replacement takes longer than 21 days, we will get in touch with you to see if you would rather receive a credit / refund.
Where you request a repair / replacement of a reconditioned product or used product and a repair is not possible, we will see if we have a replacement reconditioned product or used product in stock (which is the same product, of the same nature and type, as the one sold), but if we do not, we will credit / refund you.
Direct Warranty (stipulated on product page)
A direct warranty product is a product for which the relevant manufacturer wishes to manage defective returns itself, directly with the customer, and not through AK KARA (PTY) Ltd.
If a direct warranty product turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality, please notify us and we will provide you with the relevant manufacturer’s contact details. Alternatively, you can notify the relevant manufacturer directly if you already have its details. The relevant manufacturer will then assist you further, but if you have any difficulty, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you where we can.
Damaged or defective Large Appliances items can be returned within 7 days in accordance with our returns policy. After 7 days the supplier will come to you to inspect the product and assist you with a possible repair, replacement or refund. In the event of a refund, it will be done by AK KARA (PTY) Ltd.
Other than this, the same limits and general principles of the standard warranty and extended supplier warranty apply to direct warranty products.
If you return a defective product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) to refuse the return, only to replace the item that you did return, or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and only to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item.
If you return a product that does not comply with this Policy, you may be liable to reimburse AK KARA (PTY) Ltd for the cost of collecting the product from you and the cost of having the product returned to you.
Please note that we only refund to the payment method that you originally used – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card and payment by EFT or COD (cash on delivery) will be refunded to your nominated bank account.